🕵️ Forbidden Error Resolution
👉 '500' error
An error page with a '500' code is usually due to an internal Mastt issue.
Reload the page and try the action again.
If it is still giving the same 500 error then please create a ticket via this link here
2. The URL you entered may have a spelling mistake or a space accidentally included, double check the URL and remove the additional characters.
3. In some cases the 404 error may mean that you do not have access to the resource you are trying to access. You can check with your Organisation Admin to see if you have access to that resource.
👉'403 Forbidden' error
A '403 Forbidden' error can sometimes occur when we do cloud infrastructure upgrades. It normally results from your browser trying to access an old version of our infrastructure.
1. Perform a hard refresh in your browser
- Chrome, Firefox, or Edge for Windows: Press Ctrl+F5 (If that doesn’t work, try Shift+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R).
- Chrome or Firefox for Mac: Press Shift+Command+R.
2. Delete your browser cache